Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Crabbies

Meet Hermie's new friend - Oscar!

Oscar Au (31.05.2006)

First name: Oscar

Last name: Au

Nickname: 'Herpes' (thanks to James)

Gender: Unknown
But I suspect it's a HE! Oscar is much stronger than Hermie. Even though they are about the same size. This fella can push Hermie around just like that (snap of finger). Must be a muscle builder in the crab kingdom.

Temperament:
Grumpy! Oscar likes to pinch ppl and doesn't like to come out of its shell. As you can see in the
picture, it's trying to pinch me.

Oscar in its current shell

Lousy fella trying to pinch me

Oscar hiding in its shell


Now, let's take a look at how Hermie has progressed since Oscar's arrival.

Temperament:

Hermie is more easy-going. It doesn't mind coming out at all when you're holding its shell. Hermie likes to hold on to things. So, it's really cute. Sometimes it'll hang on to my hands like hugging a bolster.

There are two possibilities why it's doing this:

  1. It really likes me
  2. It's hanging on to me for dear life

I'll continue to update on these two soon. I think I still have to observe how they get along with each other first. But so far, no shell fights but no love at first sight either. Looks like my plan on having them 'be fruitful & multiply' might not happen. (Grrr...)

Anyway, next post is my favourite! Let's have a look at some yummies.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness....seriously that's his name?! hahaha!!