Monday, May 28, 2007

Please. Marry merrily.


Girl,
Do you really know who you're marrying?
You're so pretty, you can have many options, why marry someone you barely know?
Is he really the one whom you want to spend the rest of your life with?
Do you know him enough to let him take care of you for as long as you live?
Do you think he'll be a good father to your children?
Can he be faithful to you till death do you part?
Does he know the real you?
Will you be happy?

All these questions kept screaming in my head for the past few days. I just flew back to hometown last week to attend a 'I have no choice' wedding.

Everyone seemed smart enough NOT to say anything, but it's pretty obvious, she's pregnant. And they knew each other for only 6 months.

Holding a wedding became a pressing 'need', not an option. And this breaks my heart.

Guy,
Only one question for you.
Do you really love her?


My thought thereafter:
Many loved. But few loved enough to wait.

In my opinion, love is first patient, then only it is kind, does not envy, does not boast etc... Take away that first prerequisite of love, and 'love' is no longer love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen.