Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Why, oh why?



I think I'm tired.
It's so hard to blog without motivation.

Don't know why but I keep feeling I have other things to do,
even though I'm not exactly doing anything.

Not making any sense, I know. Maybe because it's just an excuse.
Funny thing is, I don't even know why I'm typing away now.

As in the case of many things in life.
I realised how much I tend to act depending on how I feel.

Sigh. Totally hate that side of myself. Sounds like someone who has no discipline. Whatsoever.
Coupled that with an 'even more serious issue' and what you get is a prolonged hiatus of blogging inactivity.

That 'even more serious issue' is called - sense of insignificance.

Particularly today, I feel extremely small.
Totally insignificant.
It's one of those days that I'm thinking:

"What have I done today that has added value in anyone's life".
"Is advertising even important? Can it free Taliban hostages?"
"Can what I blog about make any difference in anyone's life?"
"Why are biographies of others' lives so much more interesting than my own?"

I'm quarter of a century old.
And I'm starting to get restless about life.

E.g.
If I read about some young high school dropout earning 3 zeroes more than me selling organic vegetables in his father's farm, I feel as if someone's punched me in the stomach and wrote "This is what you get for being a writer!" on my face. =(

And if I see someone around my age, waving her hand with a ring sitting on the 4th finger, I feel like pulling my eyeballs out and have someone send me to the monastery.

Crap! I'm so not thinking straight right now. Can't blame me!
A wisp of smoke from someone's nostrils just rested on my head.


Conclusion:
For clouded judgment, be a writer in an advertising agency.

No comments: