Thursday, September 11, 2008

Trauma


Ate dinner with fiancé last night.

On the way back,
near Atria Shopping Centre,
we saw a four-wheel drive stopped
in the middle of the road,
under its front tyres was a motorcycle.

A guy (motorcyclist) was lying
on the floor few feet
away from the vehicles.

Fiancé stopped the car.
Told me to stay inside and wait,
while he ran over to check on the guy.

A lady in white (driver)
was standing nearby.

In less than a minute,
more people pulled over to help.

I saw fiancé and a few men
gingerly carried the injured dude
to the side of the road
to make way for the incoming traffic.

The guy sat up for a few seconds.
Then slumped down.

I called fiancé from the car.
He told me it’s quite serious.
I quickly locked the car
and ran over to them.

Then I saw.
The guy’s eyes, nose and ears were bleeding.

I think he also dislocated his jaw.
Coz he can’t really talk.

Fiancé took out the guy’s handphone.
He whispered, ‘A-b-g…’!
Must be ‘Abang’
(means ‘brother’ in Malay)!

We tried calling his 'abang' on his phone
but he has no more credit left in the phone!

So, fiancé used his own phone
to call the brother, informing him
of what happened.

Others called the ambulance
and we all waited.

Two Christian ladies
were next to him.
One checking his pulse,
the other just held his hands
and prayed for him.

While waiting for the ambulance,
fiancé continues talking to him
to keep him awake.

His name sounds like “Faha…”
Hmmm, he can’t speak properly.
So we're still not sure.

Anyway, the ambulance finally came.
One man came out from the vehicle.
Walked near the victim and
slapped him very hard on his legs
while saying, “Ui ui ui…”!

I was shocked!
ARGH! SO RUDE!
Is that how the hospital trained you
to check if a person is alive?

It was only when “Faha”
moved his head to look at the him
then only he asked the others
in the ambulance to come down
with the stretcher.

I tell you!
If “Faha” didn’t move,
those jokers (from the hospital)
would probably have left him to die there!

Sickeningly unsympathetic!
Hhmmph!

After they ‘loaded’ him into
the ambulance, we headed for home.

Fiancé called “Faha’s” brother
few hours later.

Doctor did an X-ray on “Faha” and
he was already sleeping
at that time of the call.

I just pray and hope he’s ok.
Fiancé will call again later
in the afternoon.

Sigh.
I think I just lost my faith in the
paramedics of this country.


UPDATE

"Faha" was discharged from hospital already!
Praise the Lord.


No comments: