Friday, December 08, 2006

Critical stage.




Sorry.

I just can't bring myself to blog about gifts and celebration today.
Something horrible happened last night.



My hermit crab, Kermit Au has molted few days ago. Since he's super weak, I left him alone so that he won't get stressed out.

Last night, I found him next to his shell, naked. I don't know why he came out of his shell (it's never a good sign).

So, I left him alone again, putting his favourite shell next to him and hope that he'll climb back in.

This morning, he's still outside his shell.
When I try to help him get back into his shell, then only I realised how weak he is. He can't even stand properly anymore!

Also, because he just molted, his new body has not hardened yet, so he's super soft like rubber.

Arggghhh... At 9:30am, I finally managed to help him into his shell .
But I think he's dying... He's barely moving.

I cried before I left for work. Because suddenly, many many flashbacks of the past forced the tears out of me.

I realised that since young, all my pets never really lived to an 'old' age.

I vaguely remember when I was a little kid, I had 2 rabbits. I came home from school one day and found the cage empty, my parents told me they died.

Then, there was the goldfish. Again, empty tank. Parents said it died.

Then, the most painful one - my puppy, Rockie the Great Dane. Before it died, I saw him trying to crawl to the furthest corner of my backyard. My friend who gave Rockie told me that when some dogs know that they are dying, they will try to die furthest away from you so that you won't feel too sad about their death.

So, when I saw him crawling away, 10 year old at that time, I used all my strength to carry him back into the house. I wasn't willing to let it go.

But it was too late, few hours later, it passed away, still trying to crawl away from the house. My parents buried him in the big field behind my house.

I was then 'banned' from having pets. Coz I cried so many weeks after losing Rockie.

Then, during my college day, I got naughty again and bought myself a fish, Bluey. It also died. I remember that I was so distraught to get rid of the 'body', roommate had to help me discard it.

The most recent death happened on September 27 2006, Hermie Au (my first hermit crab) also died.

Having experienced so many 'departures', I really don't know how to tell you how much I don't want Kermit to die. Before I left, I saw him moved a little. Just a little. Hopefully when I go home later, he'll be alright.




I think I really need God to intervene on this one.
Lord, please don't let my crab die!









No comments: