Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Why I love Christmas - Part II


Scroll down to read Part I if you haven't done that already.












Just so you know, my next few posts will still be about people.

Less than ordinary people.
People who makes me feel thankful for what God has given me.
People who helps me stop complaining.
People who humbles me.

Today, I'll talk about Ben Underwood.
His eyes are removed because of cancer 2 weeks before his 3rd birthday.
He has no guide-dogs.
He doesn't use a cane.
But he can see. With his ears.

Ben makes a short click sound that bounces back from objects.
Amazingly, his ears pick up the echo, letting him know where the objects are.
This ability is called echolocation,
the same skill that bats or dolphins have.


God is gracious.

For Ben, his eyes were taken away from him. But what was given back to him was another form of 'sight'.

1 comment:

Jace said...

I like the video! He's awesome!