Friday, August 01, 2008

Like royal. (PART IV)


On the 3rd day in Honeymoon Island,
we had an 'outing'.

Honeymoon King & Queen arranged for all
to board their ship and took us to another island nearby.

That island is called 'Egg Island'.
Sounds so weird right?
But according to them, if you take a picture
of the island from a plane, its shape resembles....
AN EGG! (well, a no-brainer there)

Anyway, in a horizontal view,
this is how Egg Island looks like:





It's a really small island, probably take you 15 minutes
to walk round the entire island. Yup, THAT small.
I think it's more like a HUGE pile of sand in the sea,
not so much an island. HAHA.

It's also super crowded.
Lots of Phuket's tourists go there for 'outings'.
Some were playing beach volley, some were sunbathing,
some were swimming around the island,
some were just chilling out at the bar.
BUT most of us who went there felt a bit bored.

I mean, it's nice that they took us island hopping,
but many of the reps still have yet to present their work.
So, a lot of them couldn't fully enjoy.

Not only that, because we didn't know what to expect,
or had any clue what was on the Egg Island,
MANY of us didn't bring $$!

So, we sat there and just 'look at'
people enjoying their corn on the cob,
ice creams, beer, fresh juice,
trying on swim wears, sarongs etc.
Without $$, we couldn't savour or
buy any items on the Egg Island.

This is where I'll tell you a little about
Honeymoon Queen.

She's such a sweetie.
Even though she's rich,
(well, her husband IS a millionaire / billionaire after all)
there wasn't a hint of arrogance in her.

Maybe it's a Thai thing.
She was really hospitable to all of us
throughout our entire stay in Phuket.

When she found out a lot of us didn't bring $$,
she quickly announced this to us,
"We have baht (Thai currency)! We have baht.
Don't worry. What you want we'll buy".

She then whispered something in Thai to her staff
(our helpers). Like I said before this, all the country reps
were assigned a Thai helper. Mine was Orawan.

Right after she spoke to them,
our helpers came and told us to just
POINT at what we want, they will buy for us.

Wow, what a statement.
POINT at what we want,
they will BUY.
(Aww... How I wish my fiance will say this to me in a mall!)

I was wondering,
if I POINT at Egg Island,
does that mean Honeymoon Queen
will buy the island for me?
HAHAHAHA....

Anyway, I wasn't greedy,
I merely 'pointed' at a Wall's ice cream.

An hour or so after, we hopped back into our ship
and journeyed back to Honeymoon Island.
Just in time for dinner.


Let me show you the ambience we enjoyed
while having our dinner:









This is EXACTLY what I saw. I didn't photoshop or
did anything to the picture.

To prove to you I didn't retouch it, I've included another
picture of the sunset with the other country reps in it.
The lady in red is a representative of
an ad agency in Shanghai, China.



Dinner was buffet style.




Check out the food. Hhmmm... YUMs!










Now, let me tell you a little bit about Honeymoon King.
He's a brilliant man. Not as friendly as his wife,
but still very hospitable.

Remember when I first arrived on the island,
I was alone, and I had lunch with Orawan?

Our conversation went a little bit like this:

Me: Orawan, I came here by speed boat,
How are the others going to come here?
(So many of them!) By speed boats too?

Orawan: No... Mr. Kun XXXX (referring to Honeymoon King)
owns a ship, they'll come here with that.
You came alone, so we used the speed boat.

Me: Oh, so Mr. Kun XXXX (Honeymoon King)
will be coming with them on the ship too?

Orawan: No no no! (She looked shocked when I said that)
(HAHAHA... And I was shocked that she was shocked!)

Orawan goes on to say:
"Mr. Kun XXXX is the owner of the island.
He is very important. So, he'll come FROM THE SKY."



FROM THE SKY? WHAT THE?!!
This was what Orawan meant.








HELICOPTER!
I took this after Honeymoon
King and Queen arrived.
His pilot was cleaning the helicopter.


SERIOUSLY!
Now you understand why I named them
Honeymoon 'King' and 'Queen'.

Fuh-yoh! This was what I felt after witnessing their arrival:
We COMMONERS travel by land or sea.
For the REALLY IMPORTANT people,
they must descend from the sky.

Below are some close ups of the helicopter.





They used the helicopter quite often.
I think on the 2nd day,
they took the helicopter to Phuket for lunch.
(While we, the COMMONERS ate on the island). Haha.

Every time the helicopter comes near,
there'll be a surge of strong wind,
something like a baby typhoon.
The trees and plants will sway left, right and centre,
And my hair will look super messed up after. Haha.


Anyway, just before they landed,
I took the opportunity to take this series of photos:






From afar, it looked like an insect
that's going to land on the flower, right?









I must say,
I had on heck of a trip in Phuket.
Even though it's work-related,
it felt more like an eye-opening 'holiday'.

I have to thank the person who made
this trip so much fun.
He is none other than - the Honeymoon King.


Now, to end this four-part post,
I've decided to give your eyes a little treat.

Allow me to show you a glimpse of the
owner of Honeymoon Island (also owner of
the helicopter, the ship, a worldwide business
and many many more things!)

Ladies and gentleman,

I present you,
Mr. Kun Honeymoon King.




(Picture taken while we were on the way to Egg Island)


Pssst... He shared the ride with us on the ship,
because Egg Island doesn't have a helipad!
HAHAHA.







No comments: