Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Like royal. (PART III)


I've always had an eye for strange things.
When I look at an object or place, very often,
I'll discover things that 'normal people' don't notice.

For example,
one fine morning, on the Honeymoon Island,
I decided to go for a morning walk near my chalet.

The faint sound of the nearby waves gently hitting
the seashore was super therapeutic and calming.

Suddenly, I decided to look up. This is what I saw:


Two love birds on the roof of my chalet.
Maybe they too are on a honeymoon. Hehe.


For the presentation,
I was scheduled to be the second to present.
Having worked till late for weeks preparing for it,
It took only about 20 minutes to present.
Was super relieved when it was over. It went pretty well.

Anyway, I was happy I get to sit back and
enjoy the rest of my trip while others still
feel nervous about their presentation.

From the 2nd day onwards,
I didn't bother using the buggy dy.
The resort has limited buggies to cater to everyone.
So, I opted for a bicycle instead.
Haha. Yup. Cycled here, there, and everywhere
on the island for 4 days. It was fun. And great exercise too.

See my red bike? =)




On the 3rd day, I woke up late.
Rushed out of my room, and
cycled like a mad woman to grab a quick breakfast
before going to the conference hall.

Below is the seaside restaurant
where I had most of my meals.



While I was busy stuffing bacons and scrambled eggs
into my mouth, suddenly, I heard 'Honeymoon King's' wife,
(let's call her - 'Honeymoon Queen') shouting.

"Dolphins, dolphins!"

Time stood still for a while.
It took me a few seconds to register what she was saying.
Then, I looked out into the ocean at where she pointed,

There, I saw them.
Not just one, not two, not three....
but SEVEN dolphins.

It was such a great moment.
My only regret was not having
my camera with me to capture the moment.

The dolphins were swimming so near to the restaurant!
Cute greyish blue creatures
in the light bluish green ocean.
Nice.

Needless to say, I was glad I woke up late that day.
(I saw them again after I finished my breakfast.
They were hanging around the red round floats -
probably playing with them, like water volleyball).

It was my first time seeing dolphins.
And at such a short distance! God is so good to me.
=)


Anyway, the climax of my 'business trip'
will be posted in Part IV (the last part of Like royal).
Till then, enjoy the pictures of the island:


A corridor from the conference hall to the pool area.
If you look closely, you'll see a tree grown
in between one of the beams.
Told you I notice weird things. Haha.



A 'gazebo-looking' building by the poolside.



Pool area.


On the 2nd day of my trip, I was super semangat.
Woke up at 5am, wanted to watch the sunrise.
(But silly lah, I later realised that I was on the
wrong side of the island!) HAHA.

While waiting for the sun, I took the below pictures:







I named this last picture 'Devil-In-Disguise Chalet'.
Check out its fiery 'eyes' (windows) and 'horns'.

No comments: