Monday, September 11, 2006

He says, she says


I am a terribly unfit person. Part of that reason is because I hardly ever exercise. Can't blame me, all the sports are too boring for me. The only sport that I like is badminton. The rest I hate. Haha.

However, in view of the coming Mount. Kinabalu climb (I'll be climbing that mountain in less than one week's time! *GULP), I went JOGGING (WHOA!) to build stamina on Saturday. This was what happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me: Why did you park your car so far? (Bf parked his car like 10 miles away from starting point)

Bf: It's ok. We can start warming up from here. By the time we reach starting point, ready to jog.


My thought - Huh? Should park nearer! By the time we reach the starting point, I'll be tired and it's time to go home already.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bf: (While walking to the starting point) Later when we jog, don't stop ok? Must keep the momentum.

Me: But that's impossible.

Bf: We'll try.


My thought - It's impossible. Full stop.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Going up hill)

Bf: Faster...

Me: (Difficulty breathing - Silence)

Bf: Come, go faster.

Me: (Give him THAT look)


My thought - Grrr! YOU THINK I DON'T WANNA GO FASTER AND GO HOME AH! I can't go faster lah.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Eventually, I cannot tahan, so I stopped)

Bf: (Turned back and saw that I've stopped) Are you ok?

Me: I'm starting to see stars.

Bf: Huh? Serious ah?

Me: (Trying not to faint)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Still walking)

Bf: Come, let's jog to that point then we stop (pointed at a location further up)

Me: (Silent but started jogging a little)

Bf: So, how was cell last night?

Me: (Didn't even look up, still gasping for air... Silent)

Bf: (Waited for my response but got none) You can't talk while jogging izzit? (BROKE OUT IN LAUGHTER)

Me: (Gave him THAT look again)


My thought - Cell? What cell? I'm almost hyper-ventilating! All I am doing is concentrating on getting to that POINT so we can stop jogging and walk!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Walking after a long long time)

Bf: (Stretching out his pinky) Let's make a deal, when we go up the mountain, no matter what, we'll go up together, k? Won't leave you behind.

Me: (Wrapping my pinky around his... I wanna cry dy... so touching...)


My thought - Ahh... That's why you're my bf.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Still walking very slowly)

Bf: This is the last 'going-up-hill part' dy. After this, we go eat dim sum for breakfast k?

Me: (Feeling a sudden surge of energy, I broke the silence) Really? Ok! Let's jog!


My thought - Ahh... incentives always help. He should have mentioned DIM SUM earlier.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Aftermath)

At the end, we managed to get back to the car. We had dim sum. =)



Conclusion: My whole body is aching now. I still hate jogging.


4 comments:

ladybug said...

Funny post. Good luck! And just play more badminton games to build your stamina. :-)

Jon Ng said...

Waaahahaha.....that's quite elaborated!!!Hehehe

Ciss said...

Ladybug,
Thanks. Erm... I think it's a bit to late to build my stamina through badminton (or any other sports for that matter). With the climb coming up in 5 days time, I think I should just pray hard that mentally I'm strong enough to get myself up the peak. =)


Jon,
Elaborate? No... it's just a sign that I'm paying attention.

Anonymous said...

Both of you so cute la. I can't stop laughing while imagining the conversation. Great job to 'BF'! She definitely needs alot of 'encouragement' - xoox! Hahaha...

+hsemate+