Monday, September 25, 2006

300m more...


I'm back! Finally... After spending a whole week in K.K. breathing in the mountain air and drinking fresh water, I felt so 'detox-ed'. Anyway, I didn't manage to get up to Low's Peak (highest peak on Mount. K) but I managed get myself up 300m away from the peak (because I pulled a muscle on my left thigh the day before when I was on my way up to 11,000ft).

Many people asked me why 300m more and you'll be up there, why didn't you persevere? Ahh.... you see ah, firstly up on the mountain, it's not like walking in a shopping mall. The air was sooooooo thin up there that for every 3 steps that I took, I had to rest for 10 - 15 seconds just trying to breathe. NOT EXAGGERATING, Mount. Kinabalu is afterall, the HIGHEST mountain in South East Asia.

Secondly, by the time I reached there, it's already passed sunrise and it's very foggy, gonna rain dy (dangerous... rocks slippery). So, the guide didn't allow anyone to go further. I had to turn back. If you give me another HOUR, 300m is peanuts lah (haha... boasting).

Anyway, I'm super proud of myself. So many times I wanna give up but didn't. Bf had altitude sickness but he didn't give up too. We stuck together till the 8km point, which means... GOT CERTIFICATE! (Will show you that I've done it after I laminated it).

Special thanks to Ah Jon (for carrying my bag for me from Laban Rata and pulling me up the stairs... Haha), Sara (for your encouragement and company... next time we must reach top together!) and last but not least, Bf (for keeping your promise... I'm so blessed). =)


Apart from disturbing the mountain, my gang and I also discovered a few weird things in K.K. as we monkey around town and eat our way back to K.L.

The morning before we left K.K., we had dim sum at Foo Phing (富平). After finished eating, we discovered that the ketchup & chilli sauce that they provide there (Twinine brand) has ARSENIC in it (also got lead!).



My two crabbies back home had to be babysat while I was away for the whole week. Thanks Wendy, you're a good crab-keeper. Haha... Little did I know, a huge surprise awaited me when I first got them home.

HERMIE has molted again! (Seriously, this crab is a bit weird.... he has been molting every month!) Refer to my previous posts on his molts here & here!




That's all for today! Will upload more pix in next post. So, stay tuned!


3 comments:

deJelly said...

The Promise!!!

If u didn't already know,
your story has been like THE topic of the month!!!

hehe.. = D

Ciss said...

Jelly,

Yea, I know... It's all AH JON'S fault! Hehe

blurred esh said...

aww... its an encouraging story leh.. why not share it out.. ;o)

so.. can start get ready for the next climb already! :D