Wednesday, September 27, 2006

So long, farewell...


For those who have been following this blog,

This is to let you know that my favourite crab, Hermie Au has passed away last night. Yesterday, I arrived home at around midnight (had to work late) only to discover that he didn't survive his molt this time.

I know for sure he's dead because there are alien creatures devouring his body and there's also a gross stench in his tank. There are a few possibilities why he didn't make it:

1) His molt was too stressful to bear.
2) He failed to adapt to the sudden change of environment during his molt (I took him home from Wendy's in the middle of his molt).
3) I took pictures of him during his molt and that caused him to feel stressed out (should have just left him alone during that stressful period). =(

Now, I only have Kermit left (this morning I checked, he's fine) but I like Hermie so much more than Kermit (my evil side wish Kermit died instead)

Everytime I hold Hermie, he'll always pop his head out to look see look see (out of curiousity), it's super cute, I love his inquisitiveness. Also, he never messes up his tank and he never pinches me, unlike Kermit.

Unfortunately, Hermit gave me his first & final pinch last night - His death has pinched me hard in the heart.

3 comments:

blurred esh said...

...

moment of silence

...

Jon Ng said...

goodbye, hermie...

Ciss said...

blurred esh & jonboy,
Thanks.