Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Congratulate me!!!


I feel like a happy mummy today. Coz now, I have not just ONE but TWO molting crabbies back home! WOOHOO!

Last night, I found out that Hermie has molted AGAIN! It was exactly one month ago that he molted! (Refer to my post on 2nd July to read about his molting and his molting pix
here.)

I was so shocked last night. When I checked on him last night, I thought he was hanging out of his shell DEAD! Then I realised the real him was nicely tucked in inside his shell (possibly sleeping) and the 'thing' that's hanging out was actually his exoskeleton (old skin). Phew... Sigh of relief.

Anyway, this fella must be too bored without Kermit's company. That's why he molted again. (FYI, Kermit is molting under the sand in another tank next door). Haha... Peer pressure... Monkey see... no, 'Hermit' see, 'Hermit' do.



Anyway, GOOD NEWS come in pairs, just like the old Chinese saying: “双喜临门” Because I’ve found Kermit! At last...

Yesterday, I saw Kermit's salt water pool has got dust particles floating on top, so, I decided to take it out from the tank and clean it a little bit. When I lifted the pool... Guess who I saw? KERMIT! (DUH)

Apparently he's been underneath that pool for quite sometime now. Molting and eating up his exoskeleton. The last time I checked, he only has one final leg to eat up. So, I'm guessing after that he'll go hungry and he'll 'terpaksa' (forced to) climb out from the sand soon to look for food.

Ahhh... I'm so happy.




My two crabbies are molting simultaneously. So cute...

No comments: