Wednesday, August 16, 2006

It's coming... Again.


Ahhh... I had my two crabbie modelled for me last night. Now, I can see a clear difference in size between the two of them. Kermit has grown bigger for sure. Hermie is still in his baby size.

I've been feeding them corn & carrot. So, their colour has improved (previously a bit pale because of lack of carotene - can obtain from brightly-colour vegetables).

Kermit is crazily digging again. Sigh... I have no idea what's up with him. Hermie has been more inactive lately. I only see him sleeping. So different from Kermit. Kermit is like EVERYWHERE! Climbing onto everything that he can hold on to, digging... more digging... and more digging. Sigh... So weird.

I can smell another molt coming, these few days, the water level was super low and all the food was almost gobbled up. (Hermit crabs drink a lot and eat a lot when they're about to molt).

Funny thing is, both Hermie and Kermit showed signs of pre-molt:
Hermie - Inactive, not moving much (a very unsual behaviour)
Kermit - Super active in digging (another unsual sign, digging usually happens before molt or when crab is uncomfortable)

Take a guess! Which one do you think is gonna molt soon?




1 comment:

Ciss said...

Wendy,
Can't feel the hair one. Haha... Anyway, I have no idea why and when they molt. I suppose it's not fixed.