Tuesday, June 27, 2006

On Mani & Pedi


I always feel really 'jakun' (name of a native tribe in M'sia but is now a word used to describe people who are outdated like primitives) when I hear my colleagues talk about manicures & pedicures.

I think if a guy cannot understand why girls need to have so many shoes, they will lagi (even more) don't understand why girls go for manicures and pedicures.

I'm sure it'll be nice to go and have your nails done properly but I've never gone for any sessions before (I've got VIRGIN NAILS!) because of two reasons.

1) EXPENSIVE! A good manicure + pedicure session can come up to about slightly less than RM100 (in some places, it'll cost more because certain nail artists are like 'sifu' (guru) level. They're usually quite famous and thus will cost more)
2) I like my nails short. Now, this is a problem when it comes to manicure because nails have to be 'long enough' so that the nail artists can reshape them. How can they 'reshape' mine when I've already cut them shortest possible?

Haha... Another way to do it would be to allow them to put fake nails on me. But I don't want fake nails lah. I can imagine if I have fake nails, I would never ever touch ANYTHING! (So that I won't break them coz I'm quite a clumsy person)

I think I'll eventually do it as an act to pamper myself. Hhmmm... I have a feeling I'll probably go for it few days before I get married coz then my vanity will be at its peak and it'll propel me to do these sort of things! =)

Below are some pictures that I've found on nail art (Ok, this is an extreme case. I mean come on lah, how to engage in nose digging activities with nails like that!) Anyway, I used to have a housemate who keeps her nails (thumbs only) as long as these. I can still remember her nail polish collection. Whoa... It's amazing.




No comments: