Thursday, July 06, 2006

New Crabbie Look


Tada! Hermie has successfully changed skin!

Before & After:
1) He has grown a new leg (Used to be missing. Refer to the 'before' picture)
2) He has a new claw on the right
3) His skin is darker in colour now

Wow, molting is such an amazing process. I'm very happy that he survived this stressful period. This morning I saw him walking around the tank quite a bit (he didn't move for close to one week before this).







Meanwhile, to ensure that Kermit doesn't think that I favour Hermie and to pacify his 'loneliness', I bought him a new tank!
Kermit is enjoying himself in the new crabitat now.


Next Steps:
I plan to buy a new funky looking shell for Hermie as a gift for his successful molting. =)

Maybe in one or two day's time, when Hermie has fully regained his strength, I'll reunite him with Kermit.





2 comments:

Jon Ng said...

I still think crabs = creepy crawly creatures.....ahhhh...hahaha....ur hermit will grow to be a hensem crab soon....

Ciss said...

wendy,
Thanks! I'm starting to feel encouraged when I see them grow. Hehe.

jonboy,
Nolah jon, crabs are really cute one. You have to touch one to understand why! =P

wendy,
Nope, crabs in captivity cannot breed one. I think I've read somewhere that the female crabs have to release her eggs to the ocean or something then only the male crabs fertilise it.